- Photography tours
- Workshops & short breaks
We have over 40 years’ experience between us providing tuition to passionate enthusiasts and beginners in a variety of locations all over Adriatic and wider alpine regions ensuring that we can identify and provide you with the help and tuition you need. Small groups (max 6 with one leader) guarantee individual attention from your tour leader. You’ll be learning with a hands-on approach in the field, meeting new photography friends, sharing ideas, experiences and practising a variety of techniques.
At A2A we are committed to responsible travel which means that we
• Basic camera handling (settings, quick access)
• Metering Modes (Evaluative, Matrix, Spot Metering)
• Manual and Autofocus (Focusing Points, Autofocus Lock, Single or Continuous Focus)
• Manual Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speeds, F/Stops and The Light Meter)
• Depth of Field (Shallow, Deep, Hyper Focal Distance)
• Shutter speed & Motion (Freezing, Blurring & Panning)
• Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Program and Manual Modes
• Exposure compensation
• White Balance & The Temperature of Light
• Composition (Framing)
• Elements of Design (Seeing Vs Looking)
• Lenses and Perspective (the right choice of focal length)
• Use of tripods (including long exposures)
• Flash Photography
The diverse nature of our tour and workshop locations provides opportunities to learn more about how to photograph in a variety of settings as we’ll experience a range of landscapes, nature, cities, architecture, everyday life and people. And then there are more specific techniques, such as when and how to photograph ‘blue hour’, how to paint with light, macro techniques with snowy crystals, cave photography and capturing star trails to name but a few.
After each session we offer the opportunity to select some of your shots for review and can provide constructive critique and tips to help you get the most out of your time with us.
Just let us know when you make an enquiry if there’s something specific you’d like to work on or learn and we’ll build this into your trip.
A photography workshop is more of an educational experience. Our workshops focus on specific photography techniques and teaching new skills for you to use in your future photography. You should attend a workshop expecting to learn and will receive hands-on tuition from an expert photography leader.
In 2009 we received an Award for best new idea in Slovenian tourism. The Award was given by Slovenian Tourism Board.
Adriatic2Alps is a brand owned by Židana marela
Dunajska 29, 1000 Ljubljana